How to Stop Procrastinating with Homework – Great Tips to Help You Out
Homework can be rough...it doesn’t matter if you’re in high school or in college. Finding a way to do it in an effective and timely manner can be the key to a high grade or one that will place you on academic probation. There are all sorts of ways, from visualization to pure self-discipline, so here are a few options including and between these two pillars to help you evaluate who you are and what will be most beneficial for you as a student.
For starters, let’s consider what will happen if you do not do your homework. What will motivate you?
- Are you afraid? You should be. If you don’t do your homework, you will be relegated to the life of a 99%’er whose opinion doesn’t matter and a vote that only helps out those who did their homework, or had the money to pay others to do it for them.
- So don’t let that fear turn into anger and regret. It is a possibility capable of taking over for the rest of your life...and it will.
OK, that may have been a bit deep, so let’s take a step back and look at options closer to the actual process of doing your homework.
- Take a look at what is in front of you and create a plan.
- Make a list of what is important and prioritize based on what is due when and how much time and attention needs to be given to each assignment.
Speaking of time, let’s talk about the best way to budget it.
- Give yourself soft and sometimes hard deadlines within which you allow yourself to complete a homework assignment.
- Be fair to yourself, though. Allow for breaks from ten to twenty minutes in order to clear your head and make you more effective in the long run.
Another excellent option is to create a study or homework group-here is why.
- Not only will you be providing yourself with some structure…
- you will also benefit from the feedback of others, as well as…
- their input on answers to questions, and…
- the guilt associated with not showing up for the homework group you created and then failed to show up for.
- The excuses you have to come up with will take longer than going to the homework group will.